Can We Save Christian America from Extinction?
Pastor Brenda Kunneman
- Teenage girls are less likely to be sexually active if their parents were married at the time of their birth.
- Teenagers who feel their parents strongly disapprove of their being sexually active are less likely to contract a sexually transmitted infection.
- The likelihood that teenage girls will become pregnant increases with each change in family structure that they experience.
- Adolescents in single-parent households are more likely to be sexually active than peers in two-parent families.
- On average, adolescents whose mothers divorced tend to have more sexual partners than peers who did not experience parental divorce.
- Adolescents whose parents talk with them about standards of sexual behavior are more likely to be abstinent.
It’s time for Christians to become energized to save Christian America from the road to extinction. It begins by looking first within and choosing not to contribute to these factors stealing our Christian heritage. It means we must examine our own values and personal priorities. Secondly, we must exemplify a godly Christian lifestyle that is opposite of what these warning signs reveal many Christians are buying into. Finally, every believer must be a voice in our communities whenever and wherever the opportunity is available. Ask yourself, “What can I do to defend Christian America?” The early apostles boldly said, “For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.” (See Acts 4:20) Let’s be a voice and with that we pray, “Lord, let Christian America be saved!”